Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Opening Pandora's Box

Life Hacker has a list of 15 ways to get more out of Pandora that's pretty handy, there's even more tips in the comments that are worth checking out as well. I especially like the last part about riping and saving mp3 files from Pandora. But being an Ubuntu user now for a few months, I found an easier way to get and rename the mp3s it spits out that I like.

I found that the files show up in the /tmp folder as plugtmp-1, plugtmp-2, etc. or sometimes in the sub folder plugtmp. In order to keep Pandora from covering it's tracks on your hard drive, you can rename the files to what ever you like [as long as it's not one of the default names] and it will be there for you to listen to or move anywhere you want. I'm pretty sure this works in other Linuxdistros as well. Just make sure you refill your Karma meter by buying the CD or song from the artist you like every now and then.

Classic Cartoon MP3s
A ton of theme songs and pictures from cartoons. It also contains a link to classic TV Themes from the 50s through to the early 90s. [digg] [story]
Here are some of my favorites:
The Smurfs Theme
Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids Theme
G.I. Joe Theme
The Gumby Show Theme
He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home